Pin It Up!

It dawned on me this last week that I have been surrounded by vintagey old stuff for quite some time now. My mom is addicted to older movies that have Alice Fay and such in it. My sister who just got engaged *cough, cough* last night *cough* (I am way excited for her!), wants a very vintagey wedding. The other day I was watching a tattoo show and it was all about Pin-up girl tattoo's. But when it actually dawned on me to do this makeup, I was at my sisters dog grooming business when a girl came to pick up her dog and I thought we were back in the 50's. She was covered head to toe in a Pin-up girl getup.


That's when the inspiration hit, and it has been the best inspiration EVER! I literally took tons of pictures and it took me forever to narrow it down to just these five. I just love it so much!!



My mom has walked past me a hundred times, and every time smiled a huge grin. I think its taking her back, she even suggested the pearl earrings. This is definitely her favorite one too.



I tried really hard to pick pictures that would show off both sides of my hair, its my pride and joy! :)


Sometimes I wish I could have lived in the oldin days...



I still have it on, so I can imagine that I am sharing a soda, or riding a Farris wheel at a carnival with a handsome solider! And... I cant bring myself to take it off. :P Maybe I'll just walk around like this all day!

I think I could pull it off, I am Gemalicious you know.

Comments

Alese said…
Youre eyes look fiercely green :)
Corinner-Elly said…
So good Gemily!!! If you weren't hired before, you're definitely hired now! So impressed!!

P.S. The second one looks like Lucille Ball.

P.P.S. Mom would be so upset to see you spelt Alice 'Faye' wrong.

P.P.P.S. You are absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. :)
Anonymous said…
So gorgeous! You need to come get a glass bottled soda at the cute little old candy store I work at. ;)

Popular Posts