May The Makeup Be With You

A year ago, when my whole family vacationed at the famous La Jolla California house, we decided one afternoon to do some face painting. My little nephew, who loves Star Wars to death, wanted to be done like Darth Maul, and somehow I was commissioned to do it. And let me tell you, I was the right person for the job.It was loved so much that he could only be persuaded to wash it off if he could do it again for Halloween.

(We had some pretty great masterpieces when we were done, and in case you didn't notice, that's me and him in the back...)

Apparently I did such a good job that his parents photoshoped a black hood on him, put it in a calender that had pictures of him and his brother dressed up as superhero/villains, and gave to grandparents for Christmas.

This was the picture for October 2012



PRETTY AWESOME! I know... Just don't look to closely at his chin, towards the end he was struggling a little bit, but to his credit, he was amazingly patient for a person his size. It does take a long time to make a masterpiece such as that...

I know this was before I even started my blog, but I just love it so much, and sometimes Gemalicious IS on the 'dark side'. :P

Comments

Anonymous said…
You gotta be at least a little on the dark side, for sure! ;) Our fish's name is Darth Betta, so I approve whole heartedly. Can you make my face look like that?!

Popular Posts